Monday 26 March 2012

Are your events truly social? - Check out our demonstration

On Tuesday this week I'm speaking at eFactor, a one day conference at The Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre specially for event organisers.  I've been preparing my presentation over the weekend and it's highlighted to me why events are ideal for Web 2.0 and social media tools and how they can really make your event truly social and engaging.

I don't want to spoil it for the audience on Tuesday by saying too much about it ahead of the event but, if you're interested to see a live demonstration of how you can use social media tools at an event please 'Like' the eFactor Facebook page where we will be using some of these tools during the conference.

I hope to show the audience how you can use Web 2.0 technology and social media platforms for:
  • Promoting your event ahead of the date
  • Interacting with attendees during the event
  • Introducing a legacy element by creating a platform for engagement after the event
If you're not attending the event, it is worth 'Liking' the eFactor page to see just how much you can extend the reach of your event both on the day and, long after the event is over.  I will also creating links on the eFactor Page to a copy of my presentation so that you can get a feel for what I have to say on the very interesting and extensive topic of social media for the events industry.

I'm looking forward to the event and hearing from the other speakers and panelists who include:

Bronagh Bell, The Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre
Shelley Spencer, SECC
Shirley Young, Scottish Prison Service
Eileen Newman, The Breadmore Hotel and Conference Centre
Martin Boyle, Congrex
Del Cotton, Hireaband
Christine Lawson, Eventage
Martin Jack, Think Different Events
Andrew Greenwell, G3 Events

For those of you who are coming along, I look forward to meeting you on the day and, for those not able to attend, please feel free to contact me with any questions on this topic.

If you have found this post interesting please share it with your online community using either the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment