Fraser joins in the general chat with the team and talks about the challenges and opportunities offered by social media for the charity sector.
Chris van der Kuyl, Chief Executive, Friends Reunited before we recorded the podcast and we talked about the 'reinvention' of Friends Reunited and got some insight from Chris about the future plans for the platform.
We start this podcast where we left off on Social Media Podcast 44 with the question from Tim Barlow, Managing director, Attacat Ltd about monetising blogs, thanks to Tim for the question and for his input on the topic.
Here are some of the other topics we discuss in the podcast:
- GCHQ's plans to monitor all emails and internet traffic - is it a step too far?
- When sharing content is NOT social media
- Employers demanding social media login details from employees
- Is Google's halo slipping? - The recent blog post from ex Google employee James Whittaker on the change of culture and focus within Google
- Where are they now? RIM, Nokia and Yahoo
- Friends Reunited - the revamped platform explored and what did Chris van der Kuyl have to say about its future?
- Kirsty's Friends Reunited "Love Story"
- Nostalgia Marketing on Friends Reunited - is this something that is attractive to Poppy Scotland?
- And Me Share App - the ultimate share button!
- Magnum Ice Cream - there incredible journey through 17 web sites while collecting chocolate Bon Bons!
- The new fatBuzz 'InfoGraphic' Facebook Page
- Google Glass concept - is this a step too far? Link to Google Glass video Link to Google Glass spoof video
- Is social media making us anti-social?
- My1Login - a Glasgow based start-up featured on the BBC web site
- Lady Gaga's new social network site
- The Masters Golf App
- Facebook Timeline Pages to be discussed at the next New Media Breakfast
Play the podcast here:
If you have found this post interesting please share it with your online community using either the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank You.