We start with a chat about Google+ - could this be something that Iain and Gordon agree on? - You need to listen to find out! We explore what Google+ is and who is it competing with and, is it one major social media platform too many?
Facebook has also undergone some major changes since the last podcast so we look at what's new here and what we can expect in the near future. This discussion also questions how good, or bad, the big 4 (Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In and Google) are at actually communicating with their users - your thoughts on this would be much appreciated.
Other topics we explore along the way include:
- Social Media in the workplace - are attitudes changing?
- Iain confesses he's finding weaknesses with Android
- Apple's customer service - is it the best you can get?
- Steve Jobs and his retirement - Can he be replaced?
- What's next for Apple?
- App Stores - Are there too many around?
- Widgets vs Icons
- Coca-Cola's Facebook Fan Page was not originally set up by Coca-Cola which leads us to chat about the difficulty brands are having with talking to their end users for the first time.
- IKEA's new television advert and how it is part of a campaign that includes some very clever YouTube/Facebook promotion
- QR Codes and their increasing popularity as predicted by Social Media Podcast 140 years ago!
Finally, we take a look at some Apps that have caught our eye including: Press Reader, News360, Nova, Optiscan, CatchNotes, Zinio and TouchNote.
We hope you enjoy the podcast, if you have any comments to make or topics you would like us to discuss please leave them here on the blog or on our Facebook Page.
Play the podcast here:
If you have found this post interesting please share it with your online community using either the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank You.
You can also follow the Social Media Podcast on Facebook now - visit and "Like" the new Social Media Podcast Facebook Page HERE.