Taking part in Social Media Podcast Episode 48 we have Gordon White, Kyle Murdoch, and Iain Murray The extended break since the last podcast means there's lots to cover in this podcast and, we've tried to include some more examples of what fatBuzz are doing with clients and how they are using social media to market themselves.
As usual, the banter is good and the conversation moves along with good humour and, we hope, some interesting information from the world of social media and emerging technology.
We're fast approaching Episode 50; have you any ideas what we should do or, do you want to take part? Let us know - email gordon@fatBuzz.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We've also acquired a golf chipping net and some practice balls so, when you visit the fatBuzz office you may be asked to take part in our ongoing "Finding the Net" challenge! It's our version of a visitor's book and all the scores will be recorded on our "Finding the Net" wall.
There's really a lot in this one including:
- Tablets - Iain enthuses over his new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 but, was it rushed to market to pay the fine to Apple?
- Patents - Are they getting stupid?
- Nexus7, Kindle Fire HD - Is 7'' set to become the new norm?
- Bruce Willis vs Apple - Die Hard star contenting what happens to his music when he dies
- Do you know what happens to your digital music and books when you die? - Should you have a digital will?
- fatBuzz training day for Charities - We explain the reasons for hosting a free event for registered charities
- Unsubscribing from email lists - Gordon has a rant about marketers who think spamming is a good strategy
- Our hashtag gets spammed - How the New Media Breakfast was a victim of its own success
- Facebook Pages Manager and Android's Mobile Pages Manager - Making Facebook page management easier on the move
- Iain's App of the Month: Friday - Turn your social media interactions into a timeline
- Image Marketing - The popularity of image based Apps and, when will Facebook get a decent App on the market?
- Pinterest as a marketing tool - Are brands missing the opportunity and we provide an example of how John Dick and Son is using Pinterest
- How to get 47% more engagement from your content
- Who spends more online, Men or Women?
- Instacube - An interesting product and, an interesting Crowdfunding exercise
- Bloom VC - Bloom provide a guest blog for fatBuzz and Gordon invests in some cupcakes
- YouNoodle.com - Getting your idea or product off the ground
- Arttokens.co.uk - A great way to give original art as a gift
- Findhealthbupa.com - A great resource from Bupa for finding health and lifestyle Apps
- iPhone 5 - Iain predicts Apple have finally got it WRONG!
- Device security - could the power cables hold the answer to improved security?
- Apple under pressure - Iain explains why he thinks Apple Corp is under pressure
- Technology advances - how much is dictated by the manufacturer rather than consumer demand?
- Collaboration - We explain how John Dick and Son and Dean's Shortbread collaborated with content
- Red Bull - how do they keep 30 million fans engaged on Facebook?
- Content Explored - We explain the thinking behind our new "Content Explored" series of blog posts
- Pinterestification - Is this the latest buzz word and how Principle Consulting's new web site is a good example of 'Pinterestification'
Play the podcast here:
If you have found this post interesting please share it with your online community using either the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank You.