Sunday 17 July 2011

My loss may be your gain...or, maybe not!

I was supposed to be in Spain this weekend with my family but easyJet had oversold the flight so when we arrived at the airport there were only two seats left on the flight and three of us flying; since I was only going for two days it was sensible that my wife and youngest son took the seats. One or two people have expressed surprise at a flight being oversold but this has been fairly standard practice for airlines although, I have never experienced it before on budget airlines.

British Airways has done this for years because people buying full fare flights could get a refund if for some reason they couldn't fly so they would always have no-shows for the flight. To counter this they would oversell in order to minimise empty seats on flights.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is not to tell you about my holiday disappointments; I wanted to tell you how I have filled my time preparing for the next New Media Breakfast. I have had peace and quiet to prepare for the "Back to Basics" presentation and, I've had a great time doing it!

I've decided to do something completely different, certainly from anything I've ever seen, to demonstrate how a back to basics approach can help you understand and master social media. I don't want to give too much away but, if it works it will be interesting, fun and, informative. If it doesn't work it will at least be be fun - for you!

So, if you wan't to witness me gliding high or grabbing the nearest parachute you should book for the next breakfast in Glasgow or Edinburgh - I can at least promise we don't ever overbook the seats!

I should point out that EasyJet are issuing a full refund and €250 compensation so if it all goes wrong I can escape to warmer climes!


No.29 Members Go Free – If you are a 29 Member you can attend the breakfast free of charge. Please email malcolm@fatbuzz.com with you membership number and he will add you to the attendance list. We hope you can make it along to this event. If so, I look forward to seeing you on the day.

BOOK FOR NEW MEDIA BREAKFAST GLASGOW HERE:





BOOK FOR NEW MEDIA BREAKFAST EDINBURGH HERE:

 
If you have found this post interesting please share it with your online community using either the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank You.




No comments:

Post a Comment