Social Media Podcast No.36 is slightly longer than the usual podcast but, well worth listening to. Following Social Media Podcast No.34 (The boxing edition), Sallie Goetsch contacted us about the stats Iain and I were using to argue the case about Android vs iOS, she was concerned that we were not comparing like for like so, we invited her to explain. In Social Media Podcast we enjoy some light hearted banter about the argument and Sallie explains the difficulty with statistics and why we should beware who is presenting them.
We also took the opportunity to have a conversation with Sallie about her work and some social media related issues, during the chat we discussed the following:
- The power of podcasting as a communication tool
- Sallie's forthcoming podcast workshop
- Audioboo and other "simple" ways to podcast
- The deterioration of the English language, bad grammar and people's fear of writing
The usual team of Kyle Murdoch, Iain Murray and myself (Gordon White) then go on to discuss a range of topics from the world of social media including the following:
- Telstra's social media training progress
- Social Media Policies - Link to examples on www.socialmediagovernance.com
- The rising popularity of QR Codes (Quick Response Codes) and how fatBuzz use Kimtag as a single QR Code linked to all of our on-line places
- Personal branding and the importance of your reputation online - Link to www.reputation.com
- The forthcoming New Media Breakfast on Personal Branding with Jennifer Holloway
- EBay Shops - Does a 100% positive feedback rating add to the sales value of your EBay store?
We also refer to a very useful piece of research conducted by Buddy Media which is available as a pdf download on Mashable - Facebook Engagement Data
Finally, we leave the podcast with an invitation to take a look at the latest marketing campaign from Range Rover for the new Range Rover Evoque. We intend to discuss this on the next podcast so, please take a moment to have a look and make a comment about it before we record Social Media Podcast 37.
Play the podcast here:
If you have found this post interesting please share it with your online community using either the Twitter, Facebook and Share buttons below. Thank You.
You can also follow the Social Media Podcast on Facebook now - visit and "Like" the new Social Media Podcast Facebook Page HERE.